Preparing for the CBAP Certification
Why you should become CBAP certified
- The Certified Business Analysis Professional® (CBAP®)certification demonstrates your current level of professionalism, and your continued commitment to the Business Analysis profession.
- Your knowledge of the skills necessary to be an effective Business Analyst.
- A proven level of competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
Do you qualify for the CBAP Exam?
The CBAP designation is awarded to business analysis practitioners with at least five years of experience who have successfully demonstrated their understanding and expertise in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®).
To be eligible to apply for CBAP, you must have at least 7,500 hours of hands-on BA experience.
Recommended courses towards the CBAP
We strongly recommend you should take all our Business Analysis courses in order to help you prepare for the CBAP Exam but essentially, it all depends on your past Business Analysis experience, if you have taken any formal Business Analysis training and your understanding of the BABOK.
Foundations of Business Analysis
How to Gather and Document User Requirements
Developing Use Cases
Facilitation Techniques for Requirements Development
Testing Techniques for Tracing and Validating Requirements
Registering for the CBAP Exam
- Review the CBAP Handbook and ensure you understand and meet the application criteria.
- Register on-line at the Certification page of the IIBA International website, including paying the application fee.
- Once your application is approved, submit payment for the exam and the IIBA will put you in touch with the exam provider (Castle Worldwide).
- Agree a convenient location and date with Castle Worldwide through their on-line application process
You must sit the exam within one year of your application being approved.
Become a IIBA Member and get discount on training and the CBAP Exam
IIBA members get 15% discount on all public courses in Europe. As a IIBA member you will also receive discount on the CBAP Exam. The Exam costs $325 US for IIBA members, and $450 for non-members. Registration costs $125.
I need my team certified
It isn’t always just an individual that needs to become certified, more often than not, organisations benefit from getting a group of project management professional certified. If you have a group of more than 10 people who would like to get certified then we are also able to offer you an in-house training programme tailored to suit your requirements.
I need further advice
If there are any areas that you are not quite sure about but would like further information, then just call one of Course Advisors who will be happy to help. Simply call us on +44 (0)20 3743 2910 or send an email to email@example.com.