Business Skills for Project Managers and Business Analysts
Discover essential techniques needed to effectively communicate with executives and the C-suite
You will review foundational knowledge before class in an online setting and spend most of your class time practicing and applying these techniques to real-world scenarios - including your own - in a series of discussions and role play exercises.
Getting face time with senior management and conveying your message across in a clear and direct manner can be challenging. Because our interactions with them can be limited, it is crucial that each conversation is professional and effective. Practice and perfect techniques for communicating effectively with top-level management and discover what they really care about. Learn how to prepare for executive conversations, including those that are unplanned. Recognise and react to communication techniques commonly used by them. Practice active listening and getting your message across quickly; Learn how to demonstrate the value you can offer and use persuasion techniques appropriately. You will also learn tips and strategies to successfully navigate difficult conversations, such as communicating bad news and regain and maintain trust when faced with conflict.
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for Project managers, program managers, functional managers, business analysts, and business professionals who want to improve their effectiveness in communicating with senior managers, steering groups and executives; get their points across quickly and be convincing.
What will I learn?
- Plan for successful communications with executives, by identifying and tailoring conversations to the executive’s communication style and motivations
- Use an executive oriented mindset, content, language, and style when communicating with executives
- Be prepared for impromptu communications with executives
- Compose a situation-appropriate message to an executive-whether written or spoken
- Establish rapport, and build and maintain the executive’s trust in order to persuade and influence decisions
- Persuade and influence executive decisions by building and maintaining a trusting relationship
- Apply a structured approach to navigating difficult conversations
What is included in the price?
Food and Refreshments
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- The Importance of Awareness
- Executive communication styles
- Five types of awareness
- Emotional intelligence
- ESI’s mindset model
- Business model canvas
- What Motivates Executives
- What motivates executives?
- What do executives expect?
- Executive pain points
- High-Impact Communication Techniques
- Understand your purpose for communicating
- A high-impact approach for standard communications
- A skillset for high-impact communications
- Tips for high-impact communications
- Difficult communications
- Dealing with tough tactics
- Executive Stature and Leadership Presence
- Sources of power
- Executive stature and demeanor
- Collaborating with executives
- Persuasion and influence
- Recognising and countering manipulative techniques
- Stature and leadership presence
- Building Relationships and Communicating Through Trust
- Delivering as promised
- Trust migration
- The trust-building process
- Special challenges to build executive trust
- Controlling risk to build trust
- Focus on risk opportunities—not just threats
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.