Core Essential Project Management
Project Leadership, Management and Communications
Build, manage, empower & lead your project teams to success through communication.
Learn key leadership competencies and transform your skills as a leader. During this course you will complete a self assessment of your skills and master the vital components of leadership such as; setting direction, aligning people, motivating and inspiring, leading teams, communicating, building relationships, facilitating ethical conduct, and negotiating and leading change. You will create and refine a personal leadership vision, work on strengthening your leadership competencies and develop your personal leadership plan. Learn to empower and energise yourself and others and deal with motivational differences.
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for Project Managers who want to improve their leadership skills, motivational skills and communication skills.
What will I learn?
- Better lead project teams through more effective communication
- Identify motivational value systems to improve productivity and cooperation
- Recognise the role of business and personal ethics in leadership
- Describe predictable change stages and identify appropriate leadership strategies for each stage
- Utilise a powerful four-stage collaborative negotiation process
- Create a leadership development plan to implement when you return to work
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Leadership and Management
- What is leadership?
- The difference between leadership and management
- Assess your leadership competencies and developmental needs
- In light of the assessment, articulate your leadership vision and consider the best ways to realise it
- Processes for establishing direction, aligning people and motivating people to follow your vision
- Identify different leadership styles:tasking, encouraging, steering and entrusting
- Leading Effective Teams
- What is a team?
- The stages of team development: forming, storming, norming, performing and adjourning
- Leading and maintaining effective, productive teams
- Evaluate team progress and coach team members as necessary
- Building Relationships
- How individual differences affect your ability to lead
- Identify your motivational patterns using the Strength Deployment Inventory (SDI®)
- How to be more influential by understanding motivational patterns
- Using an understanding of individual differences to help you manage conflict more effectively
- Ethics and Leadership
- Define ethics and the link between ethics and trust
- The role of ethical behaviour and leadership
- The difference between personal and organisational ethics
- The effect of the triple constraint on ethics
- Negotiating Conflict
- Major sources of conflict on project teams
- The five modes of handling conflict: forcing, smoothing, withdrawing, compromising and problem solving
- The difference between 'competitive' negotiation and 'collaborative' negotiation
- Conflict scenarios and strategies for initiating conflict resolution
- Power bases used in typical organisations
- How to plan and conduct collaborative negotiation
- Leading Change
- Your role in a changing organisation
- Predictable stages of adjusting to change
- Appropriate leadership strategies for each stage
- Developing a change management plan
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.