Core Essential Project Management
Master the essentials of project management; get everything you need to start managing your own successful projects.
Managing Projects is an essential foundation course and a great starting point for your development. Gain the skills, knowledge and tools you need to start running each stage of the project life-cycle. You will learn to work within organisational and cost constraints and set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs. Get the most from your team and learn to utilise project management tools to get work done on time and within budget. Learn a comprehensive and thorough approach to project management - from the early stages of defining project requirements - to developing work breakdown structures, project change control and closeout.
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at individuals who need to strengthen their project management skill sets, those new to project management, or project managers seeking a refresher on fundamental project management knowledge, skills and current tools.
What will I learn?
- Master fundamental project management skills, concepts and techniques
- Link project goals and objectives to clear, compelling stakeholder needs
- Develop work breakdown structures
- Set realistic, measurable objectives and ensure positive results
- Estimate project costs and schedules using simple, proven techniques
- Establish a dependable project control and monitoring system
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Introduction to Project Management
- What are "projects"?
- Why project management?
- The project life cycle
- Influences on a project
- Key stakeholders
- Project management process groups
- Project manager responsibilities
- Project Initiation
- Understanding the role of senior management
- Needs Assessment
- Project selection - benefit/cost ratio
- Present value and net present value
- Building SMART objectives
- Agreed to
- Developing Requirements
- Project charters
- Project Requirements Document
- Project Planning
- Scope planning
- The work breakdown structure
- Schedule Planning
- Network Diagrams - CPM
- Speeding up the Schedule
- Project Management Planning Software
- Cost Planning
- Responsibility Matrix
- Resource Loading and Levelling
- Risk Planning
- Procurement Planning
- Communication and quality planning
- Project Implementation
- Developing the project team
- Organisations and team structures
- Managing change
- Managing Risk
- Performance reporting
- Assessing and monitoring project performance
- Earned value
- Sunk costs
- Project Closeout
- Scope verification and customer acceptance
- Administrative and contractual closure
- Transferring lessons learned to future project
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.