Business Analysis Courses
Business Process Modelling
Define and analyse requirements – perform the four phases of process improvement.
As a business analyst, your role is key in defining the requirements during planning, and in facilitating solutions to business challenges. The business analyst must be aware that any project may require the redesign and redevelopment of processes and that processes must enhance and meet the organisation business goals. This highly interactive course will provide you with the opportunity to perform the four stages of ‘Process Improvement’, derived from leading models in the industry. Key deliverables and outputs will be emphasised at each phase. Participants will practice creating process maps, benchmarks and measurements and will also conduct a gap and stakeholder analysis.
What will I learn?
- Describe the Business Process Modelling (PMM) framework
- Define key PMM terms and concepts
- Conduct major activities performed during each phase of PMM, including workflow modelling
- Perform the business analyst’s role and responsibilities in PMM
- Apply PMM methodologies and techniques
- Create process benchmarks and develop metrics to track the effectiveness of new processes
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Key PMM terms and concepts
- Process modelling, process management, process improvement
- Process management activities
- Workflow modelling
- Key benefits of PMM
- Process improvement project (PIP) phases
- Business analysis roles and responsibilities
- Managing organisational change
- Conducting the Define Phase
- Obtaining consensus on processes to be included in PIP
- Relating processes to business strategy
- Developing high-level plans for risk, communication and change management
- Conducting the Analyse Phase
- Conducting workflow modelling
- Creating swimlane diagrams
- Conducting value stream mapping
- Developing “As-Is” process map
- Defining and gathering metrics
- Creating process benchmarks
- Performing gap analysis
- Performing root cause analysis
- Conducting stakeholder analysis
- Performing high-level cost-benefit analysis
- Conducting the Implement Phase
- Documenting, validating and confirming new goals and objectives
- Formulating measurements
- Designing the new process
- Updating risk, communications and change management plans
- Conducting the Control Phase
- Communicating findings
- Carrying out implementation plans
- Monitoring and controlling
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.