Business Analysis Courses
Foundations of Business Analysis
This course is only available as an online e-training course. The equivalent classroom course is Fundamentals of Business Analysis
Understand the vital role of the business analyst throughout all the phases of a project.
The business analyst’s role is pivotal in defining the requirements of a project at its earliest stages, as well as during the stages of planning, defining and scope validation. Perfect for those who work with business analysts, who are new to the role or have no formal training – this course provides an understanding of the ways in which a business analyst drives the knowledge of developing business situations and supports the project; from establishing scope in the analysis phase to ensuring the requirements have been met in the testing phase. You will come away from this course with the knowledge of why and when to involve the business analyst, and a working vocabulary that will enable you to communicate effectively.
Is this course for me?
Foundations of Business Analysis is an introductory course designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the benefits, functions, and impact of this critical position. This course is perfect for those who are new to the business analyst role or those who supervise and/or work with Business Analysts.
What will I learn?
- Define the role of a business analyst throughout the project phase
- Explain the range of tasks that a business analyst will perform
- Apply principles of quality management and testing
- Explain the importance of requirements definition
- Assess the value of case analysis and design in your work
- Explain how business processes, workflow and data modelling techniques can facilitate improved communication
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- What is Business Analysis?
- IT business analysis
- Business process improvement
- Challenges of gathering and analysing requirements
- History and current trends in business analysis
- Role of the business analyst through the project life cycle
- Defining the Business Problem
- Techniques to determine the underlying business problems
- Understanding the business environment at a high-level
- Relating business problems and processes
- Root Causes of Problems
- Business problems and root causes
- Applying modeling to understand root causes (the AS-IS state)
- Solution Vision and Scope
- Vision and envisioning
- The key players in setting the vision
- How to determine the product scope
- Quantifying process improvement goals
- Making the Business Case
- How the business analyst adds insight to business cases
- Estimating the benefits associated with the product
- Modelling the Future State
- Models and modelling
- Relating models to requirements
- Modelling the information requirements (data modelling)
- Modelling the TO-BE state (process and workflow modelling)
- Getting Requirements from Models
- The value of Use Cases
- Use Case analysis
- Unified Modelling Language (UML) and object-oriented analysis
- Requirements Definition and Documentation
- SMART requirements
- Identifying the boundary between requirements and specifications
- Managing changes to the requirements
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- The business analyst's role in testing
- Quality assurance activities: checking and testing
- Introduction to test strategies and plans
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.