Advanced & Specialised Project Management
Rapid Assessment and Recovery of Troubled Projects
Learn how to react with speed and focus and manage the transition to stability.
All project managers will come across a struggling project, whether it is their own or inherited. In order to rescue the project, with little time to hone the perfect approach, project managers need to react with speed, power, accuracy and focus. Through this course you will learn all the processes, tools and techniques you need to perform a rapid assessment of a project in trouble, enabling you to manage the transition to stability. Learn to develop a secondary project to rescue an existing project, using solid project and recovery plans as well as learning how to develop future preventative measures. Case studies designed to simulate the environment of a real project in trouble will allow you to build up your skill set and know what to do when trouble strikes.
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at experienced Project Managers who have thorough understanding of Project Management concepts and frameworks and would like to understand how to recover struggling projects.
What will I learn?
- Structure and lead an effort to assess project problems rapidly
- Determine the root causes of identified problems
- Develop a recovery plan for any troubled project
- Provide leadership to turn the project around
- Identify and manage signs of trouble early on in a project
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Introduction to Assessment Methodology
- Identifying the early warning signs of troubled projects
- The role of the assessment sponsor
- Overview of the Rapid Assessment Model
- Planning the Assessment
- The role of the charter in developing an assessment plan
- Bridging the gap between the project team and the assessment team
- Evaluating project history through critical documentation
- Conducting the Assessment
- Developing the interview strategy
- Using interviews to determine project reality
- Analysing and validating project data
- Developing the Stabilisation Plan
- Stabilisation conceptual overview
- Recovery strategy options
- Develop plan for stabilisation
- Addressing people, processes, products, and timing
- Stabilising the Project
- Steps to conduct stabilisation plan
- Techniques for prioritising threats, opportunities, and problems
- Rebaselining the project plan
- Implementing project control metrics
- Preventive Measures
- Avoiding classic mistakes
- Establishing a plan for continuous improvement
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.