Advanced & Specialised Project Management
Learn to thrive as a successful programme manager and implement business strategy through a portfolio of projects.
The role of the programme manager has evolved today from managing multiple projects to implementing high level business strategy through an integrated portfolio of projects. This often involves multiple teams of professionals and executive level stakeholders. As a programme manager you need to have a firm grasp of project management but also a set of business, marketing and leadership skills that differ vastly from the project manager. Participants will focus not only technical competence, but also the ability to develop a big picture strategy, with a clear focus on delivering benefits aligned with the organisation’s goals and objectives.
Is this course for me?
This course is aimed at experienced Project Managers and Programme Managers looking for the foundations and best practices of Programme Management. This is a key course for those looking to become PgMP certified.
What will I learn?
- Increase the effectiveness of an organisation’s approach to programme management
- Initiate and organise a large-scale programme to implement business strategy
- Manage stakeholder relationships effectively
- Manage, execute and control a successful programme consisting of multiple, related projects
- Establish and implement programme governance to ensure consistent alignment with organisational strategy
- Ensure the realisation of programme benefits
What is included in the price?
Pre-course assessment tools
Food and Refreshments
Post course reinforcement training
Online tools and templates
Does this course help me towards certification/accreditation?
Take this course is you aim to achieve any of the following certification:
What topics will be covered in the course?
- Defining Programme Management
- Range of project oversight
- Portfolios vs. portfolio management
- Programmes vs. programme management
- Projects vs. project management
- Linking Programmes to Strategic Goals
- Real-world examples
- Business case
- Program charter
- Programme Management Life-Cycle
- Pre-programme set-up
- Programme set-up
- Establishing programme management and technical infrastructure
- Deliver the benefits
- Close the programme
- Maintenance and Support
- Three themes of programme management
- Benefits management
- Programme governance
- Stakeholder management
- Programme Planning
- Basic considerations
- Feasibility study
- Programme management plan
- Stakeholder management
- Programme architecture and benefits map
- Programme Management Office
- PMO Competency Continuum
- Purpose and benefits
- Process control
- Process support
- Process improvement
- Strategic goal alliance
- The Programme Manager’s Role in Delivering the Benefits
- Manage enterprise programmes and projects
- Manage change
- Provide support
- Reporting Tools
- Checking programme health through programme and project reviews
- Programme Risk Identification, Analysis and Response Strategy
Available as customised in-house training
Let us bring our classes to you! Our in-house training are ideal for groups of 10 or more people. We can provide Off-the-shelf training in the form of our classic courses, or we can provide bespoke training, tailored to your organisational goals and objectives. Find out more here.
Why choose us?
What sets us apart from many other training companies is that we guide you through your entire learning journey. We work together with you to assess your skills gap, map out your individual learning path and offer you the resources to then help you reinforce and adopt new tools and techniques learnt from your training and apply them to your daily work. Find out more.